Corisande Manor Hotel, Cornwall - 1961 brochure
When dismantling an old desk in the office, I found this brochure sandwiched
between the top and the bottom, where it had lain for 35 years. The pencilled
alterations on the brochure are Chritchley's original changes to alter the previous
""S & C Guesthouses" brochures to his own.
The document is a fascinating insight into the British guest house of the period,
note in particular
- guests limited to one hot bath a week on the terms
and conditions page for 1960
- only one week Saturday to Saturday bookings accepted
- bookings only accepted from January 1st each year for that summer
- you had to agree to take two full day excursions per week of your stay
- you were encouraged to make your own bed, serve yourself in the restaurant,
but still had to pay 5% service charge!
- page 2 & 3 photos and
- page 4 & 5 photos and
- page 6 & 7 terms & conditions
of booking a typical Cornwall hotel in 1960
- prices interesting reading
£1 a day for half board!
Next brochure page - the prices in 1960,
20 shillings per day full board
Corisande Manor Hotel Cornwall history page